If you’re a marketer for business, chances are you already know that social media should be a part of your strategy. After all, you clicked on this blog post for a reason, right? I know small businesses (and even global companies) cut corners when it comes to social media because it can be hard to quantify the benefits, and because of that, it can be difficult to devote the necessary resources or bandwidth needed to run a successful strategy. However, there are benefits you can quantify when building your case!
Here are five benefits to consider:
- Increase brand awareness – Make it easier for customers to find you and communicate with you. A study by The Social Habit shows that 53 percent of Americans who follow brands on social are more loyal to those brands.
- Run targeted ads and see the results in real-time – Social ads are inexpensive and offer powerful targeting tools for distributing your message and content. Facebook and LinkedIn both offer several demographics for targeting, and you can view and measure results in real-time.
- Gain critical customer insights – Every day there are over 500 million Tweets, 4.5 billion Likes on Facebook, and 95 million photos and videos uploaded to Instagram. What’s behind all these numbers? A wealth of information about your customers that you can apply to your business decisions.
- Increase your web traffic and search rankings – One of the biggest benefits of a sound social media strategy is an increase in website traffic. Not only does social media help direct people to your website, but the more social media shares you receive, the higher you can expect your search rankings to go.
- Generate better converting leads – Many first-class companies rate social media as the most effective way to identify key decision makers and find new business opportunities.
It’s never too late to add a strong component to your 2018 business plan, and social media is one you shouldn’t overlook. Take these quantifiable benefits into consideration when planning, and as always, feel free to reach out if you have questions or need tips!